Pages

Friday 30 May 2014

Sewing DIY Party Decorations

What do you do with a scrap of cupcake fabric? Make a party decoration! A party sign to hang on the front door when it's Party Time!



The fabric is Sweet Treats in pink by Michael Miller. When I was looking up the name of this fabric I came across some free templates for beautiful applique cupcakes (I've lost the link at the moment but as soon as I find it, I will credit the author!).  Using one of the cupcake templates I made the central applique block, adding some ric rac too.



I cut out  the heart for the self cover button from the cupcake fabric. You can just see another heart in the top right hand corner of the photo above. I sewed the heart onto the solid orange fabric that was used in the cupcake applique and then covered the button.


Who doesn't love pom poms? Or is it pon poms... 

For another party idea, have a look at the Fill My Pockets Bunting. I made this for Lucy's birthday:



Linking to:





Fort Worth Fabric Studio Blog

Creations by Nina-Marie


Patchouli Moon Studio's Weekend Link Party
The Inspired Wren




Linky Party C'e' Crisi


Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Cute! I like the pom pom fringe and the cupcake. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Thanks for linking to my Weekend Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fill my pocket bunting is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute idea to make a very special day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! The fabric is so cheerful and gorgeous! Lovely ideas!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over from Show Off Saturday Linky Party, hope you visit me I have a giveaway.. this is fun brightness..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, what a great idea! My kids love cupcakes - I could even imagine this applique for a kids-apron... Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of linky parties, lol, is this your baby tutorial for FWFS? I have lots of cupcake fabric scraps that I got in a scrap bag, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is such a cute little banner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, Cute, Cute. Your Blog is always a lovely read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun and pretty! And it's great to bring out year after year...

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabrics
    www.keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is very cute indeed. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bellissime:))
    anche io ho realizzato delle decorazioni per la festa di mia figlia.
    Ecco qui:
    http://chevitafarelamamma.blogspot.it/2014/04/creazioni-per-rendere-speciali-le-feste.html
    bacio
    Viviana

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just browsing my link party and my blue-loving daughter insisted I click through here. She loves this, so clearly it's perfect. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete